Friday, May 20, 2011

Bee Diary May 21st



Saturday May 21st, no Armageddon, but we sure are having crappy weather. Let me qualify that. I actually love cool rainy days, but ever since I got my little hive I have been keenly aware of every temperature fluctuation, flower blossom and rain drop we've had. Any boy, have we had some rain drops. It has been in the 40's and raining for days. The heavy rains stop bees from flying and also knocks all the blooms off the few remaining trees that had blooms. I had to work 12 hours today and made a decision to feed them and have given them honey in a bowl with twigs in the back of the hive, organic cane sugar spritzed with water on an envelope through the front entrance and a 2:1 sugar water in a baggie in the back of the hive. When I got home from work I checked and they had eaten every last drop!

No comments:

Post a Comment