Friday, June 4, 2010

Edible landscape


potatoes, broccoli and kolrobi






















Two years ago when I dug out my front lawn to create a Xeric garden, I didn't think I would be able to incorporate veggies, but now after reading every book Rosalind Creasy has written about edible landscaping, my front yard is mixed with potatoes and brocolli and beans hidden behind catmint and poppies. The tree in the center is a tart cherry and there are pumkins and zucchini along the back. I have strategically placed a soaker hose to water the veggies, while I can let the xeric plants go dry. It is still a work in progress.

4 comments:

  1. Di, your garden is not only beautiful, it is helping your family become sustainable. I think it is wonderful and I can't wait to see it in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di!! Love the pictures, the blog is lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whoa! Your garden is incredible! If only we could do that here in Tucson . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for some other informative blog. Where else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal means? I have a mission that I’m just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such information. Rafeeg

    ReplyDelete